Thursday 14 February 2013

Motivational Thursday


About four weeks ago I had major hip surgery (periacetabular osteotomy if you'd like to know). Since then i've been doing a whole truck load of sitting down and watching movies - sounds good until you're about 2 weeks in. Basically i've had a lot of time doing nothing and wishing that I could be magically healed. Walk without a walker/crutches, have a shower with having to rely on someone to get me in and out. Not having your independance does something to you; you wind up sulking in self pity extremely quickly. I saw this quote on pinterest and it instantly struck a cord with me. Just accept where you are in life.


Praying that I could wake up completely healed is just not realistic. The only way that's going to happen is if I give myself time to recover. Not just physically either; i've spent the last year and a half waiting and hoping for a day where I dont have to be constantly thinking about my hip, and if doing a certain thing will hurt me. I have to get that out of my mind and just focus all the negative thoughts into getting better. I have to stop wishing that I could be anywhere else in the world. By wishing that, not only am I wishing my life away, but I'm just making myself more depressed. 


Be happy where you are, if you're not, your life will pass by you within the blink of an eye. Believe me, I know how hard this is. If you take it a day at a time and think about all the good things that you have in your life, I know that it will make it better. You just have to give it time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...